Friday, August 15, 2008

Dressing for other women

Let me first say that outside of Atlanta's Atlantic Station, downtown Washington, DC in the summer time is a girl watcher's dream! I recall when we had our Midnight Train to Georgia trip and we were at the Atlantic Station (and let me say that all of this was before I got saved! LOL), these women were killing BigDaddy and me! Three or four inch heels; skirts three or four inches above the knee; clothing that was three or four inches too tight! Gladiator bras forcing their globule nodules all up and over their opened blouses!

My goodness, one could break their necks trying to view them all. (I'll let BossLadyP tell you about her 10 year old son, Daniel, with a camera during that time. ).

I work across the street from a Verizon billing center and periodically when I'm going to lunch, or the CVS, or just look out the window you will see women come out of that building dressed in some of the tightest pressed slacks and/or jeans; in some of the highest heels; and made up as if it was a Saturday night at the club. Now, from a testosteronic point of view, "I ain't mad at them"...they look quite wonderful.


But, I have to wonder for whom are they dressing? Of course, some feminist may call me sexist for even implying that they are not dressing for themselves, but when you see them stroll past a group of other tightly dressed women, who give them a complete head-to-toe scan when they go by, I wonder if they are not dressing for each other.


Is the competition that fierce to look this way? Some are married because I've noticed their rings when they are being dropped off by their spouse. Some are not but in committed relationships having noticed the same dropping off in the morning. So, it's not for the men, is it?

And, let's not even begin with how they dress at the clubs! I've been to many a meet and greet at many a nightclub and see some outfits that looked spray-painted on.

Ladies, my sisters, help me out here. Do you dress for each other? Do you find that your girls are trying to outdress you, or you them?
What's going on here and how do you feel about it?Let me also say that there are some men who are "peacocks" but I don't recall seeing them dress specifically to impress any other guy; only the girls...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home